Sunday

adaptors & extra cable




1/4 inch (female) to XLR (male)
impedance transforming adaptor

to order visit the ordering page


ideal for connecting JrF c-series and standard contact mics and hydrophones to XLR input recorders such as those made by Sound Devices, Fostex, Nagra, Tascam, Edirol, etc etc.

Importantly, matching the impedance also improves the mid and low frequency response also. Standard jack to XLR adaptors won't do this and also will result in interference in the signal.

I've used lots of different adaptors over the years and these are the ones that work best. Well built and they work better than transforming adaptors costing a great deal more.



****************************************



TO ORDER VISIT THE ORDERING PAGE


dual 1/4 inch (female) to Stereo 3.5mm mini jack (male)


ideal for connecting 2 JrF contact mics and hydrophones to recorders with 3.5mm input socket such as those made by Zoom, Olympus, Sony etc.

allows everyone to explore the possibilities of true stereo sound capture, working with two mics into a single mini jack input.


******************************************

dual 3.5mm (female) to stereo 3.5mm jack (male)

ideal for connecting 2 mini-jack based microphones to a single mic in socket on hand held recorders.




******************************************


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i'm looking for an hydrophone to record whale And dolfins. Which stuff i need ?

Thanks

Dom

Jez riley French said...

Hi Dom,

either design of hydrophone I sell will record the sounds of whales and dolphins. If you need further advice on recorders or other devices to connect a hydrophone to please email me so that I can discuss your specific requirements. ta.

Mat Handleu said...

Hi Jez,
I have a pair of your C Series contact mics which I use with an Olympus LS100. The LS100 has 1/4 inch/XLR combined inputs, and I was wondering if there would be any benefit in using a couple of the 1/4 inch to XLR to connect rather than plugging the mics in directly?

Cheers, Mat.

Jez riley French said...

Hi Mat,

there is indeed. Basically the 1/4 section of combo jacks is really designed for 'line level' input so, in effect, what you get by plugging mics in direct is between 10-20% less level than when using XLR + there is, with some recorders, a bit more mid range response via xlr.

Unknown said...

Hi there, I received my contacts mics a while back but only just started playing with them... I think I'm in desperate need of the 1/4 inch (female) to XLR (male) impedance transforming adaptors but can't find a UK seller. Can you help with a link please?!

Jez riley French said...

yes - I sell them. email me to order: tempjez@hotmail.com

JoZa said...

Hi,

I am planning to buy some contact microphones from you in very near future(contact microphone, coil pick-up and hydrophone). I cannot decide whether I should buy DI box, impedance transforming adaptor or preamp. My budget is limited but I still want to record high quality sounds. I use Zoom H6 recorder. I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Joanna

Jez riley French said...

thanks for your interest Joanna. If you could contact me via my email address (on the contact page) I can give you more detailed advice especially as the recorder you use & other factors will affect this. However in basic terms the impedance adaptor will do the same job as a di box when connected to a recorder (match the impedance) & whilst a separate pre-amp would boost the signal unless you're using a decent quality pre-amp you might add in more noise. Good quality pre-amps usually cost quite a bit. ta.