Tuesday

induction coil pick-up's




£15 (uk) / £18 (rest of world) - with mini-jack (pre-fitted)
£18 (uk) / £20 (rest of world) - with 1/4 inch jack (fitted)

to order please visit the ordering page

for picking up electronic signals / sounds ie. the internal sounds of a laptop, lightbulbs, recorders, household gadgets etc etc.

A fascinating and rewarding method used by myself in performance, installation and on several releases, also used by sound artists and field recordists around the world.

you can hear some of the sounds these can pick up on an exclusive MP3 track I created for THE WIRE magazine by clicking here on this piece you will hear field recordings of the general wire office ambience along with the inner sounds of their computer systems, alarm boxes and light fittings.






whilst most other coils on the open market have certain limitations placed upon them, these adapted coils can detect a wider range of sounds that the technology is capable of.

They come pre-fitted with a 3.5mm jack plug and can be used with decent 3.5mm to 1/4 inch or XLR adaptors.

Please note: adapting the coils not only increases the range of frequencies but also boosts the overall signal level.

PLEASE NOTE: I only adapt these coils - hence the price. Depending on which country you're in it might be possible for you to find coils that don't have the limiter on for sale elsewhere.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,
is this mic to amplify electromagnetic activity & modulations ?
do you still got some of these ?

Jez riley French said...

indeed it is & I have some in stock

Anonymous said...

do you still have it?

Jez riley French said...

yes, I still have some in stock. thanks for your interest.

Colin said...

Hi Jez,
very impressed with the recordings you made with this contact mic. I have to own one, are they still available.
Colin

Jez riley French said...

Hi Colin,

yes - still have some in stock. ta for your comment

Unknown said...

Would it be a good idea to get two of these and use them to record in stereo?

Jez riley French said...

Hi, certainly stereo makes for some interesting effects when dealing with objects that give off a range of signals at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jez
borrowed one of these from a friend of mine and was blown away! Have you any more in stock at the moment?

Jez riley French said...

Hi,
currently waiting for a delivery of more units & then will need a week or so to do the modifications - should be available again early next month (may 2012). ta.

Anonymous said...

Hi jez would it be ok to place an order now and just to sent it when youve got them back in?

thankyou

Jez riley French said...

sure - that would be ok of course. I'll send it out as soon as they're ready. thanks.

Harley Mellifont said...

Are there any of these left?

Jez riley French said...

Hi - yes, I have some more of these now.

fiona said...

HI jez,
I would like to order 10 induction coil pick-up
are there enough stock right now ?
Thanks

Jez riley French said...

Hi Fiona,

yes - I hve around 20 in stock right now. Please contact me by email & we can work out a good price for you. tempjez (at) hotmail (dot) com. thanks !

Fiona said...

Hi Jez,
I have sent you a email to your hotmail, please check!
as I am in hurry to get those pick up coil for my performance.

Thanks so so much!

Fiona
(fionaleews@gmail.com)

Jez riley French said...

thanks Fiona - your order is in the post to you & I sent an email yesterday. Perhaps check your junk mail filter in case its in there. ta.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jez
I just received your mics. Thanks for your fast shipping, they are great.
Now i'm wondering if my coil mic is limited (i'm in switzerland) and if yes, how do i take out the limiter. pull out the sucker cup or open it at the top? i'm just asking, cause im afraid to break it...
Thanks, Tobi

Jez riley French said...

thanks Tobi - nope, the limiters have already been removed by myself - so its ready to go !

Mila Ilushina said...

Hello!
We are intereted in purchasing your product (Pickup coils). And we are wondering if it would be possible to ship it to Russia by June 15. With what shipping agent do you cooperate? And what is the price of delivery? We need 15 units.

Thanks for your attention.

Looking forward for your reply.

Mila

Jez riley French said...

Hi Mila,

yes - I can send them straight away & use the fastest postage option from the post office (which would take 4-6 days). Please contact me by email: tempjez@hotmail.com

ta,

Jez

Fiona said...

Hi Jez,
I am fiona . I have bought those pickup coils from you before and they made my performance great! thanks a lot!
I would like to share my recent performance of it to you here~
http://fionaobscura.com/wordpress/portfolio/delight/

hope you enjoy it!

cheers,
Fiona

Jez riley French said...

thanks Fiona !

Anonymous said...

Hi jez,I would like to order 1 coil pick up mic and a pair of your contact mics from your site but unfortunately I cannot use Paypal since my country is still not supported by their system. I live in Macedonia. Is there any alternative way that I can issue payment for you. For example: Payoneer/Moneybookers etc.?

Thanks,
Sase

Jez riley French said...

Hi,
i'm sure we can work out a way - email me via the address on the contact page. ta.